Monday, January 31, 2011

Progress? Well, maybe just a bit.

I guess patience is an essential trait to carry into racehorse ownership.
Apparently the filly is starting to show a bit on the training track and is stripping a bit fitter (Thank God).
This morning she worked over 800m in 55.76, running the last 400m in 24.83.
Is this any good?
Who knows? Certainly not me, but it's all starting to sound like the correct racing jargon now so I'm a lot happier.
Also, there's talk of impending barrier practice leading up to a serious hit-out in a week or so.
I'm starting to feel part of the industry at last.
By the way, she  still hasn't got a name. I don't know what's going on there. Rob Slade promised to set this all up as soon as he came back from the Magic Millions 2 weeks ago. Nothing seems to happen quickly in this caper.
Patience. Patience. Patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment